Posted on

What Does Khloe Keep In Her Bedside Table?

Khloe Kardashian uses her star power to promote Kardashian Kids line **USA ONLY**

For the sweetest dreams! Khloé Kardashian revealed precisely what she keeps in her nightstand, and there are couple of things you wouldn’t expect from the self described coordinator extraordinaire.
 
KhloeCover
 
The Keeping Up With the Kardashians star, 32, wrote via her app, “I needed to share a pretty intimate part of my life with my app subscribers: the essentials I must have in my bedside table! Some of the stuff is expected (hand cream and reading glasses), but other items (like my Hot Tamales) are vital, too! Read on to see exactly what’s in my nightstand.”
 
bedsideTable
 
So what did we find? Like lots of people, Kardashian keeps her reading glasses, a notebook (purple and personalized with her name, natch) and a Bible in the drawer beside her bed. Although, probably unlike you, the Strong Looks Better Nude writer has a bejeweled Bible, complete with a rhinestone-embellished cross.

Posted on

Olympian Issues Apology After Teammates Reveal Truth

LochteHeader-Cropped

U.S. swimmer Ryan Lochte apologized Friday for his actions on the night he claimed he was robbed at gunpoint, along with three other swimmers, in Rio de Janeiro.
 

“I need to apologize for my behaviour last weekend ― for not being more attentive and blunt in how I described the events of that early morning and for my role in taking the focus away from the many athletes fulfilling their dreams of participating in the Olympics,” Lochte said in a statement posted to his Twitter account.
 

Lochte2-cropped
 

Lochte told NBC’s Billy Bush that he and teammates Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger and Jimmy Feigen were robbed at gunpoint by men dressed as police officers on Sunday. Lochte later changed parts of his story while retelling it to NBC host Matt Lauer, and a surveillance video also contradicted Lochte’s initial claims. ABC News reported the video showed the swimmers breaking down the door of a gas station bathroom and fighting with a security guard, according to a Brazilian police source.
 

A Brazilian judge ordered authorities to confiscate Lochte and Feigen’s passports Wednesday after questions emerged over their story, but Lochte had already left Rio. Conger and Bentz were pulled from a flight back to the U.S. on Wednesday to be questioned about the event by Brazilian authorities.
 

Conger and Bentz were both released Friday, and Feigen consented to pay a $10,800 fine to be allowed to leave Brazil.
 

Lochte seemed to stick by details of his story in his apology.
 

Lochte1-Cropped
 

“It’s scary to be out late with your friends in a foreign country ― with a language barrier ― and have a stranger point a gun at you and demand money to enable you to leave,” Lochte said.
 

Brazilian authorities have advocated Lochte and Feigen face charges of false reporting of a crime, according to reports Thursday from ABC News and Brazilian outlet Globo News.
 

Rio Olympics spokesman Mario Andrada released a statement Thursday saying no apology was needed from the swimmers.
 

“We must comprehend that these kids came here to have fun. Let’s give these kids a break,” Andrada said. “Sometimes you make decisions that you later regret. They had fun, they made a mistake, life goes on.”

Posted on

Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 After Battery Explosions

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-Screen-Could-Be-a-6-4K-Display-1

Samsung recalled its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones on Friday after finding some of their batteries exploded or caught fire.

Samsung’s Note 7s are being pulled from shelves in 10 countries, including South Korea and the United States, just two weeks after the product’s launch. Customers who already bought Note 7s will be able to swap them for new smartphones in about two weeks, said Koh Dong-jin, president of Samsung’s mobile business.

He apologized for causing inconvenience and concern to customers.

The recall, the first for the new smartphone though not the first for a battery, comes at a crucial moment in Samsung’s mobile business. Apple is expected to announce its new iPhone next week and Samsung’s mobile division was counting on momentum from the Note 7’s strong reviews and higher-than-expected demand.

Samsung said it had confirmed 35 instances of Note 7s catching fire or exploding. There have been no reports of injuries related to the problem.
The company said it has not found a way to tell exactly which phones may endanger users out of the 2.5 million Note 7s already sold globally. It estimated that about 1 in 42,000 units may have a faulty battery.

Samsung’s official statement was silent on whether customers should stop using their phones, and it didn’t say whether the problems happened while the phones were charging or during normal use.

This summer, Samsung ran into a quality-control issue with another smartphone, a niche model called the Galaxy S7 Active. Consumer Reports found that the phone didn’t live up to its water-resistance promises. Samsung said that relatively few phones were affected and that it had identified and fixed the manufacturing problem. Samsung said it would replace devices under warranty if it failed, but it declined to let customers swap phones otherwise or to issue a broader recall.

On the Note 7, after complaints surfaced online, Samsung found that a battery cell made by one of its two battery suppliers caused the phone to catch fire. Koh refused to name the supplier.
“There was a tiny problem in the manufacturing process, so it was very difficult to figure out,” Koh told reporters at a news conference. “It will cost us so much it makes my heart ache. Nevertheless, the reason we made this decision is because what is most important is customer safety.”

Customers’ reports of scorched phones prompted Samsung to conduct extra quality controlling tests and delay shipments of the Note 7s this week before the recall.

China is not affected by the sales suspension. The company said it used a battery made by another supplier for the Note 7s sold in China.

Posted on

Nick Viall Confirmed As Next Bachelor!

nickviall

Back for a fourth show in the Bachelor franchise! In a shocking twist, Nick Viall will be ‘The Bachelor’ season 21 star, ABC declared on After Paradise Tuesday, August 30.

Viall is costarring on Bachelor in Paradise season 3, by which he continues to be dating Jen Saviano. He frequently butted heads on the beach with his Bachelorette season 10 foe Josh Murray over Amanda Stanton’s affections.

“I’ve certainly had the practice,” Viall quipped on After Paradise about taking on the big job. “I’m definitely ready for it — I’m very excited.”

Ben Higgins and Lauren Bushnell appeared via Skype on the show, where the former Bachelor offered his best to the reality TV mainstay. “Buckle up — your life is about to change big-time, but all for the better,” Higgins said.

The 35-year old Milwaukee native was the Bachelorette season 10 runner up, by which he lost Andi Dorfman’s closing rose to Murray. Last year, he came in second behind Shawn Booth for Kaitlyn Bristowe’s love on The Bachelorette season 11.

Viall continues to be a polarizing figure among Bachelor devotees, and he even walked onto the set of After Paradise last year just before Higgins was announced as the season 20 Bachelor (that was meant as a joke, playing off of how many fans disliked Viall). Nevertheless, many fans found him easy to root for on Paradise.

luke

That is definitely a big turn for Bachelor Nation fans, as The Bachelorette season 12 standout Luke Pell was seen as the likely frontrunner for the job, along with JoJo Fletcher’s castoffs Chase McNary, Robby Hayes and Wells Adams.

Fletcher, 25, selected Jordan Rodgers over runner up Hayes in her August 1 finale, and the pair are currently engaged and living together in her hometown of Dallas

Posted on

This Teacher Is Every Child’s Dream, And She Might Be Absolutely Right

TooMuchHomework

This teacher makes the grade.
 
Brandy Young, a second grade teacher in Texas, has decided not to delegate her pupils any homework this year. She passed out a letter to pronounce her new homework policy during “Meet the Teacher Night” according to CBS News. And one parent, Samantha Gallagher, decided to post it on Facebook.
 
TwoHomies
 
Since is was posted on August 16, it has received over 68,000 shares on Facebook alone.
 
The letters reads:
 
“Dear Parents,
 
After much research this summer, I am attempting something new. Homework will only include work that the student didn’t complete during the school day. There’ll be no officially assigned homework this year.
 
Research continues to be unable to prove that homework enhances student performance. Instead, I request you spend your evenings doing things which are proven to correlate with student success. Eat dinner as a family, read together, play outside, and get your child to bed early.”
 
Comments on the post were fairly encouraging. One parent expressed her frustration with her child’s workload, commenting that she helps her kid with “an hour of homework each night plus studying for tests and reading.”
 

Family eating dinner
Family eating dinner

 
A study published in The American Journal of Family Therapy, found students in early elementary school are getting three times the suggested quantity of homework and that family stress increased as homework load increased.
 
“[Students] work hard throughout the day. When they go home they have other things they have to learn there,” Young told CBS News. “I’m striving to develop their entire person; it’s not beneficial to go home and do pencil and paper work.”

Posted on

Farah Abraham’s 7 Year Old Daughter Kicked Off Instagram

farahdaught

Apparently Snapchat thinks Farah Abraham’s daughter is too young to be on the social media app! According to RadarOnline 7-year-old’s account was deactivated after Abraham defended her decision to permit her daughter to send Snapchats to strangers.

Followers became concerned when Sophia posted videos requesting strangers to send her messages.

“I reported Sophia Abraham’s Snapchat account because she was asking for texts from random people and she’s 7 years old,” worried follower Laura exclusively told Radar. “Snapchat is for 13 and up, her behavior on her account is concerning because of all of the perverts out there.”

But Laura wasn’t the only one to notify Snapchat, as other angry fans reached out over Twitter to have the statement taken down.

“Isn’t @SophiaLAbraham like… 7 yrs old? WHY is she begging ppl to text her?!?! Scariest @Snapchat ever. SHUT IT DOWN,” the user wrote, while another asked, “How do I report a 7-year-old with her own public account? Username is SophiaLAbraham @snapchatsupport.”

Earlier this week, Sophia asked followers to send her texts late at night.

“Send me texts, I’m coming for you,” she said in a Snapchat video. “Excuse me, you guys are texting me so much could you please stop.”

But Abraham didn’t have an issue with her daughter chatting with strangers.

“I’m right there,” she told Radar. “Seven-year olds are lighthearted when it comes to Snapchat. If she wants messages and she’s hyper then good for her before bed time.”

Posted on

Jim Carrey Releases Statement Over Wrongful Death Lawsuit

jim

Last week, Mark Burton, the husband of Jim Carrey’s late girlfriend, Cathriona White, filed a wrongful-death suit against Carrey. In it, Burton, who, according to E! News, was distinguished from White at the time of her death, maintains that Carrey provided prescription drugs to White. He says she “was prone to depression”; she committed suicide using the painkillers last September. Burton’s suit states, according to USA Today, this result was “predictable and foreseeable.” Carrey responded to the suit in a statement last night:

“What a terrible shame,” he said. “It would be easy for me to get in a back room with this man’s lawyer and make this go away, but there are some moments in life when you need to stand up and defend your honor against the evil in this world.”

wa

In the suit, Burton asserts that Carrey had been obtaining the drugs under the “bogus name” of Arthur King and giving them to White.

Michael Avenatti, a lawyer for Burton, told The Washington Post that White and Burton had been married since the start of 2013. He wouldn’t go into further details about their relationship, as it “deflected from what this case is about.”

In his own statement, Carrey asserts that White’s troubles “were born long before [he] met her.”

“I will not tolerate this heartless attempt to use me or the woman I loved,” he said. “Cat’s troubles were born long before I met her and regrettably her tragic end was beyond anyone’s control. I really hope that some day soon people will stop attempting to profit from this and let her rest in peace.”

Burton is requesting an undisclosed amount of cash and a jury trial in the civil suit, based on the lawsuit.

At the time of her death, nearly one year ago, Carrey released a statement to Today, expressing his sadness over her death:

“She was a truly kind and delicate Irish blossom, overly sensitive for this soil, to whom loving and being loved was all that sparkled.”

Posted on

People Are Livid At Chick-fil-A For Changing The Menu… Seriously

ChickOld

Whenever any fast-food chain makes changes to its menu, customers freak out and the brand is thrown under the bus on social media. It’s happened to Starbucks. It’s occurred to McDonald’s. And now it’s occurring to Chick-fil-A.
 
ChickNew
 
After the fried chicken chain removed the precious spicy chicken biscuit from its breakfast menu, many customers are lashing out on Facebook and Twitter. Some are even threatening to boycott the brand altogether.
 
Business Insider reports that Chick-fil-A swapped the fried chicken sandwich for a healthier option: an egg white, broiled chicken, and cheese sandwich called the Egg White Grill.
 
The brand has also responded with an official statement regarding its “spicy menu changes,” in which it describes the hot sandwich “represented one half of one percent of breakfast sales.”
 
“We despise disappointing our customers and we understand it’s difficult to make any change,” said David Farmer, vice president of menu strategy and development. “But we needed to make a change and add a healthier alternative in the morning, when customers are on-the-go and desire something which will meet them until lunch.”
 
ChickNEw2
 
We are going to let you be the judge of whether this was a good decision or a dumb error.

Posted on

Holy Goddess Of Catchy Pop Carly Rae Jepsen Just Blessed the World With Eight New Songs

CarlyRae2

In honor of the one-year anniversary of her outstanding record E•MO•TION (named the greatest record of 2015 by Cosmopolitan.com, obviously), Carly Rae Jepsen has shared a new EP called E•MO•TION Side B, featuring eight unreleased songs from her E•MO•TION recording sessions.
 

Featuring Carly Rae Jepsen and Wilson Phillips Kaiser Permanente is a Gold Sponsor of Capital Pride and a Platinum Sponsor of Capital TransPride in our nation's capital
Featuring Carly Rae Jepsen and Wilson Phillips
Kaiser Permanente is a Gold Sponsor of Capital Pride and a Platinum Sponsor of Capital TransPride in our nation’s capital

 
She’s been teasing it all week on Twitter, but now it’s here in all its glory, just in time for the weekend so you could dance to it for 48 hours without interruption. The first seven songs are all positive, drive-around-with-the-windows-down summer jams, while the last song, “Roses,” is a ballad more in the vein of E•MO•TION’s “All That.”
 
Some of the producers who worked on E•MO•TION are also back for Side B, including Greg Kurstin (“Boy Problems” and “Higher”), Dev Hynes (“All That” and “Body Language”), and Rami Yacoub (“Your Type” and “First Time”).
 
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - JUNE 09: Carly Rae Jepsen attends The Capital FM Summertime Ball 2012 at Wembley Stadium on June 9, 2012 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by Stuart Wilson/Getty Images)
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM – JUNE 09: Carly Rae Jepsen attends The Capital FM Summertime Ball 2012 at Wembley Stadium on June 9, 2012 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by Stuart Wilson/Getty Images)

 
In early 2015, Carly Rae told Radio.com she wrote 250 tunes while working on E•MO•TION, so it might not be incorrect to expect she is got a Side C and a Side D lying around too. For now, though, Side B is perfect. Long live Carly Rae!

Posted on

‘The Hills’ Reunion, Is It Finally Happening?

051816-the-hills-lead

It’s the television reunion we have been wishing for since Lauren Conradand her crew were running former Hollywood hotspot Le Deux more than a decade past.

But would the cast of The Hills ever relive their MTV-curated highs and lows all together? E! News’ Carissa Culiner caught up with the beloved series’ star at the opening of her LC Runway assortment popup shop, where she revealed which of her co-stars she still keeps in touch with and the possibility of a reunion.

“Some of us [still talk and text],” Conrad dished, later adding, “A few of the girls I still speak to.”

As for an entire-cast pow wow, the 30-year-old thinks it’s easier said than done. “I don’t believe the entire cast has been in the same room since the ending. There is a lot of them really, so it’d be hard,” she described to us.

Since waving adieu to her standing as reality TV’s dear, Lauren has gone on to launch a successful career in the fashion industry with both high-end, and more affordable lines of products. Conrad also shut the chapter on serial relationship in L.A., tying the knot with musician and law student William Tell in 2014.

Conrad told us married life is “excellent,” but not to expect a pregnancy right around the corner. At the moment, Lauren’s precedence is her professional career, admitting, “I’m so busy right now. [My clothes collection] is my kid. We are going to get there finally.”

But back to that The Hills reunion—something tells us Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag would be the first to sign up.